Volunteer - Regional Campaign Deputy Lead (Refugees)
Amnesty International Australia’s refugee rights work is underpinned by our Better Plan for Refugees. This plan is focused on creating a more orderly humanitarian/migration program that would create increased opportunities for safe and legal entry into Australia as well as addressing issues of offshore processing and safe rescues at sea. The Better Plan is broken down into several areas of campaign work which includes our current campaign focus of expanding and improving the options for private and community sponsorship. As a regional campaign lead you will provide inspiration, guidance and help coordinate the work of other activists in your region to further the goals of Amnesty’s My New Neighbour campaign.
This role is responsible for:
- Completing training with guidance of staff in campaign strategy and organising as theory of change (if you have not done so already)
- Staying up to date on the latest refugee campaign strategy through regular contact with Amnesty’s campaigners and organisers
- Supporting the campaign lead to deliver the regional campaign strategy
Activities may include things like:
- Community mapping & research
- Contacting & Building relationships with key councils
- Call-outs mobilising groups at key times
- creating relevant media content for the campaign (e.g. media releases and social media),
- Event support including supporting activists with logistics and planning
- Attending national catch ups every 2 months with other leads and deputy-leads
Please submit your interest by applying below, applications close on Friday 21st February 2020, 5pm AEDT
This opportunity within Amnesty International Australia is on a volunteer and unpaid basis. There is no intention to enter into an employment or legal relationship by either party in fulfilment of the duties as specified in this position description. By applying for this opportunity you agree to the above.
To learn more about this role, please view the position description.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at Amnesty
We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of our work, community and partner relationships. We want people to achieve their full potential, which will positively impact on our work and the communities in which we operate. At AI Australia, our values empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment. We are a movement of people from all walks of life around the world. We intend to actively contribute to building a more diverse and inclusive team